Saturday, August 15, 2009

Watermelon Limeade

From the Salpicon recipe I last made, I still had a big watermelon left over to use. There are so many beautiful tasty things you can create with a watermelon, but for this post, I decided to go with a watermelon limeade recipe that I found on Martha Stewart's website. Oh Martha, you have so many fabulous recipes to choose from!

But I have to admit, at first, I was a little nervous as to how it was going to taste. But it was quite refreshing and satisfying. I will definitely be making this again. I am sorry I ever doubted you Martha!

Obviously from the picture, I still have a hunk of watermelon still left over. Maybe I will just have to make watermelon pops with it...



Watermelon Limeade

6 cups chopped seedless watermelon
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime and lemon juice
2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
Ice cubes for serving (optional)

1. Puree watermelon in a blender with lime/lemon juice. Mix sugar until well combined. Transfer to a pitcher and serve.

Source: Martha Stewart.

1 comment:

  1. I love watermelon juice, it's the best natural juice (and you know you can get alot of juice from this fruit). I made watermelon juice before but without lemon juice, this time I will add a whole lemon since I have some in my refrigerator that my sister picked from her backyard. One thing I wonder is: Does the juice come out good depend on the fruit is sweet or not. Christine

    ReplyDelete