Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Panna Cotta with Honey and Poached Pears

Panna-Cotta-and-poached-pears


A normal day for me is waking up at 5:50 am to make the gym where I usually hit the snooze button and 25 minutes later I finally get up resigning myself to a short jog around the neighborhood. Then my day proceeds with work promptly at 9 am and when I finish at 6 pm, I either head to church to attend a Wednesday meeting, do my visiting teaching, or I drop by at a family members house to catch up. Otherwise, I head home to start dinner. With everyday jam packed with activities, finding time to relax has become challenging.

Panna-Cotta-in-a-tea-cup


But lately I have discovered that when I find a quiet moment to myself, I really enjoy doing nothing. Sometimes it is for 2 minutes, other times it is for 1 hour. But either way, I allow myself a moment to sink into myself. Now don't get me wrong, I don't spend a whole lot of time doing nothing. I just give myself a time to take a mental break.

Anjou-Pears

For a person who often thinks about the future and thinks about everything in the long run, a moment of doing nothing gives me a chance to appreciate the beauty of the present. I get to just let my mind wander to a warm and calm place. Without even realizing it, my mind took a mental nap. Then I snap back to reality refreshed ready to tackle the remainder of the day.

Panna-Cotta-Recipe

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are mesmerizing! Looks so surreal and pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for stopping by my blog Veronika. I am totally gob-smacked with your beautiful photos!!!!!! Wow. If you don't mind me asking..What camera do you use, and do you use natural or artificial lighting? I'm trying to make do with my crap camera and dream of buying a DSLR one day soon..your photos have totally inspired me, beautiful. -Emm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emma! To answer your question about the photos, I use a canon digital rebel camera (DSLR). I have heard that you can still achieve good pictures without one. You just have to really know your camera and use natural light. To avoid shadows, make sure you are diffusing the light. Do not shoot under direct sunlight as this creates shadows. Use a sheer white curtain or even a piece of white paper to diffuse it. I have learned by following 'Still Life With...' which is a great food photography blog with tips: http://www.laraferroni.com/category/still-life-with/

    ReplyDelete