Saturday, September 19, 2009

Coconut-Avocado Ice Cream

Photobucket

My aunt recently bought a cute little condo in Green Valley and to celebrate, she and my cousin invited us over for dinner. They were very excited to show off their new place. For dessert, I decided to bring Coconut-Avocado Ice Cream. I knew well that this ice cream was very delicious, but I was hesistant to tell anyone that it had avocado. I wanted them to taste it first. When my aunt served it to everyone after our meal, everyone was eager to eat it without even bothering to ask what flavor it was. I was glad to see that they all enjoyed it. My aunt said that she didn't care that it had avocado--it was very tasty!

This ice cream is very rich with a pleasant aroma of coconut. The avocado really gives it a creamy texture. It does not have much of a presence in the ice cream in terms of taste, but it helps give it a lovely green color.

Coconut-Avocado Ice Cream

1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 can coconut cream
1/2 cup white sugar
2 avocados, peeled and pitted
3/4 teaspoon lemon or lime juice

1. Puree all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into a bowl and chill for 2 hours.

2. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.

Source: Coconut-Avocado Ice Cream.

1 comment: